On Wednesday 14 September 2016, Orthopaedics SA welcomed more than twenty-five nurse practitioners (including Candidates) and senior nursing staff to an OSA Education evening on Lower Limb Orthopaedics.
Dr George Dracopoulos, Dr Justin Webb and Dr Daniel Mandziak provided enlightening and insightful presentations on their experiences with Lower Limb Orthopaedic procedures and practices, including:
- Ankle Sprain – Serious or Not?
- Metatarsalgia – Nervous or not?
- Knee injuries – Cartilage and ligament injuries
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
The event aimed to provide Nurse Practitioners with key learning outcomes imperative to the assessment and management of Lower limb treatment, including:
1. Condition assessment and diagnosis
2. Immediate treatment
3. When to refer and when to delay
4. How to manage the condition in the meantime
5. How to manage the condition following treatment
6. Return to normal activity.
The presentations included didactic style presentations using slides, research, short videos & case studies with ample opportunity for questions and answers.
This Nurse Practitioner event has been the third in a series of events in the last 12 months and is testament to our Surgeons commitment at Orthopaedics SA in providing excellent care from the initial assessment to post-operation.
A sincere thank you to ACHA for their support of this event and their commitment to educating Nurse Practitioners in South Australia.