After graduating from Newcastle University, NSW in January 2003, A/Prof Williams obtained Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in January 2011. Following this, she undertook a further 18 months of specialist training in Paediatric Orthopaedics at Shriners Hospital for Children (Portland, Oregon, USA) and at the Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital. She was awarded the 2016 Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Lumley Surgical Exchange Scholarship, enabling her to undertake 12 months of paediatric orthopaedic research at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (London, UK). She is now settled in Adelaide with her husband and two young daughters.
Level 1, 1 Kermode St, North Adelaide SA 5006
257 Fullarton Rd, Parkside SA 5063. Car parking off Hone Street.
Rooms located adjacent to Sound Radiology
71 Hospital Rd, Port August 5700
Consulting and operating privately with Orthopaedics SA at Memorial Hospital, A/Prof. Williams has public appointments at Women’s and Children’s Hospital and Port Augusta Hospital.
Complementing her clinical practice, A/Prof Williams holds the following positions:
· Director (Research and Education), Paediatric Major Trauma Service, Women’s and Children’s Health Network
· Deputy Chair, Australian Orthopaedic Association Federal Training Committee
· Chair, South Australian and Northern Territory Regional Orthopaedic Training Committee
· Medical Advisory Board Member, International Hip Dysplasia Institute
· Board Member, Healthy Hips Australia
· Clinical Research Manager, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Women’s and Children’s Hospital
· Associate Professor (Clinical) and Senior Research Associate, Centre for Orthopaedic and Trauma Research, University of Adelaide
A/Prof Williams was awarded the Australian Orthopaedic Association’s 2017 Leadership Award and is a past recipient of the Malcolm Menelaus Medal for best scientific paper at the Australian Paediatric Orthopaedic Society’s Annual Scientific Meeting. She regularly presents educational sessions in paediatric orthopaedics for a range of audiences locally, nationally and internationally.